Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Nile Valley Restaurant's Buffet is Delicious

I just finished one of the best lunches I've ever had eating out in Iowa City. Though I'd noticed the Nile Valley Restaurant, 335 S. Gilbert St., before, only today did I get around to giving it a try. If you like Mediterranean dishes such as hummus, baba ganoush, and falafel, this the place for you.

Though there are plenty of menu options available, the all-you-can-eat buffet only costs seven dollars and allows a person to sample the numerous available dishes. And despite my high opinion of the lunch buffets at Thai Flavors, Masala, India Cafe, and David's Place, Nile Valley has managed to rocket to the top of my list of places to eat enormous amounts of tasty, nutritious vegetarian food in Iowa City. Its wide selection of both hot and cold dishes is especially impressive. And the buffet is even available during the dinner hour, too.

Nile Valley has a website listing their menu, hours, etc.--check it out.

No comments: