Monday, July 14, 2008

Myanmar

I have no idea if I am doing this right. I hope so.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I am really upset with the Myanmar government for not allowing the aid to be distributed evenly after the cyclone that killed so many people. Today on CNN, they had a reporter who had to be smuggled into the zone that got hit the worst and there are still corpses just laying around on the ground and in the rice patties. The people are so poor there they have no more places to put the bodies and are unable to afford the manpower to take care of the bodies. They are trying to get on with their lives, but how can you with no help? Speaking from the point of view of a person who has been displaced due to a disaster, I feel for these people who don't even have a place to live. I at least have somewhere to stay, but they are trying so hard to get food and shelter and I feel like the government there needs some serious overworking and to get this taken care of. If they can't do it or won't do it, someone needs to get in there and do it for them by force. You can't just let your own people starve and die and just not care.

Hope that was a good start.
M

No comments: