Saturday, July 12, 2008

Recommended Reading

This is the first in what I plan to make a daily series of posts where I link to some of the most interesting things I find online. Enjoy!

Glenn Greenwald, a fierce advocate of civil liberties and Salon.com writer, argues the United States is abandoning the rule of law at a frightening rate, through both torture and illegal wiretapping.

However, Orin Kerr argues on The Volokh Conspiracy, a prominent law blog, that the FISA bill Congress just passed isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

And the Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan also sees a major distinction between wiretapping and torture.

To end on a lighter (higher?) note, I'll bring your attention to Reason's coverage of a marijuana decriminalization initiative in Massachusetts.

If you'd like to read more interesting things I find online, go here. I update that page almost constantly.

No comments: