Monday, March 10, 2008

Almost-Breaking News: Another Corrupt Politician!

Oh, Eliot Spitzer.

The New York Times reported today that, according to senior advisers and administration officials, the soon-to-be-ex governor of New York was involved in a prostitution ring.

Okay, maybe it's too soon to call him an ex governor. This is New York we're talking about here.

But a prostitution ring? How the hell do you even get away with that these days?

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this.

(P.S. You knew it'd take a scandal to get MSNBC to talk about something other than the primary "race.")

7 comments:

Jon Gold said...

You know, even if you put every line in its own paragraph, this is still a very short post, Rob. *Wags finger*

Nate said...

JON, ITS A BLOG. BLOGS ARE MEANT TO BE THIS WAY!

This is one area I will not concede authority on. Short thoughts can still inspire long comment threads full of strong conversation.

And yes, using all caps makes me a jackass. That's with the assumption that I wasn't a jackass before, which is debatable.

Oh, and Rob, what's this about a primary race?

Robert Reid said...

In my defense (though Nate seems to have saved me on this one), I wrote this just after I heard about the Spitzer thing.

I'll blog again, and soon. I just wanted to beat everyone to the punch on this one.

Kathleen said...

Is this the comment section for the Spitzer blog entry? I seem to have wandered into the wrong link. Is this Roberts Rules of Blogging??

If this was about the Eliot Spitzer comment, I would've said:
Hey, whatever happened to David Vitter? I forgot all about him until the look of shame on Mrs. Spitzer's face looked so familiar.

Nate said...

HELP. SPITZER OVERLOAD!

And we're barely two days into this story. ICK.

andrewswift said...

I'm behind the times.

Jon Gold said...

Dammit, Nate; you will respect my authoritay!