Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Get real

NBC Nightly News had a piece Monday night that covered a recently released study saying Americans got less sleep than the rest of the world, and that we were all tired.

Duh.

When I have time, which isn't often, I grab a power nap. It helps me a majority of the time. 15 or 20 minutes. I know I don't reach that restorative REM stage when I do that, so I'm also a big fan of the 2-hour nap when I'm really tired, but I almost never have that kind of time.

Anyhow, they had some sleep doctor on throughout this report, asked him the usual questions, and he said naps were good, but that there was no substitute for eight hours of sleep!

Eight freaking hours? Are you kidding me? Who gets eight hours of sleep every night? I get to bed by two or three. I get up around seven, eight if I'm lucky. Nine or ten on a rare weekend morning when I have no homework, don't have to go to the other job, and I don't have to try to rush to the bank in the twenty minutes they're open on Saturdays or run any other similar errands.

So I guess I'm curious. How much sleep do you get?

1 comment:

David said...

your schedule sounds alot like mine. we'll catch up on our sleep after we're dead.