Wednesday, March 5, 2008

He's got my vote!

Ralph Nader, last night, on The Daily Show.

"We have all these problems! Look at daily life (grins) not on the show..."

(That was Ralph Nader making a funny)

"...you have congested traffic, you have day care costs that are tremendous, cell phone plans that are manipulated."

That's it. I'm hooked. A President Nader will eliminate traffic! Free day care for everyone! And Sprint will no longer tell me what services they offer me and at what price! That's my decision. Or Ralph's.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm going to watch this episode of the Daily Show tonight, after which I will proceed to make a nasty comment in response to yours. In the meantime, you'll have to settle for this one:

That's it. I'm hooked. A President Obama will offer hope! Free hope for everyone! And Hope will offer me hope and when I'm done hoping, I hope he gets re-elected so we have more hope. Yes we can.

Nate said...

Hope is easier to deliver (and has been, to some that aren't so cynical) than the end of the traffic jam.

Kathleen said...

It seems more cynical to want people like Nader to go away than to try and fight the system. But I agree with you, hope is very easy to sell.

I watched the Daily Show interview and I didn't hear any traffic elimination proposals. He talked about all of the barriers to entry for third party candidates. I think he's right. But then, I've never been a fan of the two-party system.