Saturday, October 11, 2008

"My Fellow Prisoners..."

Is the latest McCain gaffe more evidence of frustration, senility, poor memory, a Freudian slip, or a simple lapse in thinking?

Sam Stein from HuffPost reports:
"Across this country this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners," he declared. In the prepared remarks he was supposed to say "fellow citizens."

McCain has tried to "distance themselves" from the use of Obama's middle name twice during introductory remarks. I fail to see the logic in the McCain campaign's decision to continually distance themselves from the use of "Hussein" and the implications it carries; yet, the have yet to speak out against third-party use of "terrorist". Is the difference merely because an audience member isn't a rally speaker proper? Perhaps I am asking for too much from the McCain campaign. Logic and consistency.

No comments: